My Team:



Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Week In Review


That's right- warmer than San Diego!
Another week of training is in the books! And what an amazing week we’ve had. Michigan decided to skip over spring (and winter, I suppose) and head straight to summer. This was the 5 day forecast (and since then, it's only gotten warmer- 84 degrees, as I type):


Going into last week, I had high hopes for massive volume and quality sessions, and for the first half of the week, I was crushing it- great pace on my runs, and some strong watts on the bike.  Wednesday night I caught some type of stomach bug/food poisoning and it’s amazing how one day of feeling crappy can derail your training for days. Despite that, I got in some quality sessions on the bike, and got to ride outside lots :) I know global warming is *technically* bad, but it sure does benefit Michigan in March!


Last week, I decided to join the 21st century, and got an iPhone 4s. I am in LOVE :) The camera on the 4s is truly amazing, and despite the fact that I'm typically a crappy photographer, I was able to take these pictures on my rides around Michigan:




...but the lake is so pretty!!!
I LOVE green barns. My goal is to own one, someday
Cody doesn't always like to get her picture taken, but she hasn't totally figured out that my phone is actually a camera (it's the flash she hates)- so, I've had a ton of fun taking pictures of her gorgeous little face:


And finally, here are some cool pictures I took at our local cemetery. The fog was clearing just as we were walking through, and Cody found this interesting toy on the ground.


Winter is Dead





Onto this week! I am on track to have my biggest volume week this year. Now that the racing season has kicked off, every time I read an article about an event, I get butterflies in my stomach! Eeeek! I have to keep reminding myself, as I read about the women's pro race, that I will BE with them- racing as a 'Pro'. Somedays, it's extremely motivating and exciting, but I will admit there are days where that prospect is terrifying. Either way, it certainly keeps my life interesting!



1 comment:

  1. ok, ok, the pics ARE great :P. Love the b&w one and Cody on the bench .....

    ReplyDelete