My Team:



Friday, April 27, 2012

Dreaming of Knoxville

My my, time flies.... my conscious brain has been in denial that April is coming to a close. My sleeping brain however is very aware that Knoxville is creeping ever closer, and that means the pre-race dreams have begun! Each night, a new tri-related dream/nightmare awaits, and each night I ride another race-related crazy-train. Some dreams involve me repeating previous mistakes -- such as not realizing my wheel is rubbing my bike frame, or purchasing new goggles the day before the race and actually using them for the first time on race day :) Others are totally bizzarre and have me WINNING. Haha! Only in my dreams.....


The reality is that Knoxville will be my first ever race as a PROFESSIONAL triathlete.  Me? A 'Professional' Athlete? I still don't really believe it....maybe it will finally sink in as the gun goes off next Sunday morning....but until then, I'm still just a Professional Nerd. 
Hey look- there I am!!
Since it is my first race, both for the season and as a Pro, my goals are to have fun, first and foremost, to not race like an idiot, and to learn as much as I can from the experience. Since the only Olympic distance races I've done were part of the American Triple-T, where I raced back-to-back Olympics on the same day (with an uber-hilly Half-Ironman on tap the next morning), I don't have a solid sense of what paces to expect. And that's fine- with how well my training has been progressing, I am looking forward to just that-- NO expectations-- just race. HARD. It will be fun to see if I can mentally and physically push myself way out of my comfort zone! 


I am also SUPER excited to race my first Rev3 event! Without even having met anyone in person yet, or having done an event, I've been extremely impressed with their race organization. Must be why 28 female pro's are signed up to race!  


And since I haven't posted in a while, here is my latest favorite picture of the snuggly-cuddle-bug Cody:


"Life is Good"
And with that, I am off to clean my bike and get race-ready! Bring it on, Knoxville!!

No comments:

Post a Comment